Uncategorized
abc_assisted_living_mi_130726_16x9_992
Dad Dies After Drinking Poison in Assisted Living

George McAfee, a former running back for the Chicago Bears who developed dementia in his twilight years, died an excruciating and humiliating death in 2009 while in the care of an Atlanta assisted-living facility.

The pro-football Hall of Famer wandered unsupervised into a cleaning room and drank from a bottle of industrial-strength detergent. The caustic chemical burned his lips, esophagus and lungs before he died in the hospital, according to his family, which settled with the Emeritus Corporation, the company that ran the facility and took responsibility for his death.

Read more…