OTTUMWA — With time running out in order to meet requirements for having health insurance, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is offering a free workshop to help Indian Hills Community College students and Wapello County residents understand how to make smart choices for purchasing health care coverage. The one-hour workshop will be offered twice, at 3:00 and 5:30 p.m., on Wednesday, Feb. 26, at the Rural Health Education Center (room 108) on the IHCC Ottumwa Campus.
Through the Smart Choice Health Insurance workshop, attendees will:
• Understand the importance of networks and finding out which health providers participate in various plans;
• Find out whether financial assistance is available to reduce the cost of health insurance;
• Use a guide to identify their own health insurance needs and priorities;
• Be able to compare different plans available through the Health Insurance Marketplace; and
• Get prepared to purchase coverage at healthcare.gov.
“This workshop will help people choose coverage that best fits their family’s budget and health care needs and use that plan efficiently once enrolled,” says Joyce Lash, Family Finance Program Specialist for Iowa State University Extension & Outreach.
For information about the workshop contact Lash at 641-464-5003, or firstname.lastname@example.org.